Inclusion at Temple
Temple Emanu-El-Beth Sholom is more than a synagogue – it’s a community!
We are a warm and welcoming congregation of members of all ages, abilities, sexual orientations, family configurations and backgrounds. We are committed to creating a place of worship where Jews by birth, Jews by choice, Jews at heart, and those who love them truly feel at home.
Here at Temple, our efforts are guided by our commitment to promote inclusion, engage the community and eliminate barriers. We have a committee made up of leadership, professionals, parents and other congregants who are dedicated to working together on our collective Inclusion journey. Thanks to the hard work of the Special Needs Working Group, we’ve received a grant from the Miriam Foundation to support our All Abilities Inclusion Project. To learn more about our Inclusion Journey click here.
- Read Rabbi Greenspan’s sermon from June 19th on Inclusion
- Find out more about the Special Needs Working Group
- News articles about Temple’s inclusion efforts
- Find out more about the URJ’s Disabilities Inclusion Learning Center
- Watch a video introducing the Disabilities Inclusion Learning Center
- The Jewish Daily Forward’s list of America’s Most Inspiring Rabbis. Rabbi Grushcow was cited in The Jewish Daily Forward’s list of America’s Most Inspiring Rabbis for being inspirational and inclusive. Read the full article here